With spring just around the corner, it is time to consider the condition of your HVAC system. When was the last time a technician had a look at the workings? When was the last time your heating unit was tuned-up? If the answer is, before Thanksgiving, it is time to call a technician who will go through the maintenance checklist and find out where your HVAC unit stands.
What will the technician check?
- Filters: He will remove and clean your filters. If there’s too much debris that can’t be removed, he will recommend replacing the filters. Ideally, the filter should be cleaned every 2-3 months.
- Electrical connections: Checking electrical wires is a must during inspections. Exposed wires can easily shock you while touching the unit. They can also lead to more serious problems like power failure or short circuits.
- Evaporator and condenser coils: Evaporator and condenser coils can get cracked or broken because of regular wear-and-tear. Additionally, these can also get clogged with dust because of irregular cleaning. Clogged coils reduce your unit’s lifespan and increase electricity bills.
- Thermostat: Inspecting thermostats is a must because a problem in the thermostat can rapidly increase your home’s chances of overheating or under heating.
- Oiling: To keep all moving parts moving smoothly, they require oiling. Without lubricant, these parts can suffer damage as a result of repeated friction.
- Connections: Gas, oil, and burner connections should be checked often to prevent fire hazards. An incorrect or broken connection in either of them can be a health hazard and can cause fires or gas poisoning.
What happens if you don’t call a technician?
While calling a technician for issues is always recommended, many people often choose DIYS. While these seem cost-effective, they can cause a lot of damage in the long run. Without a professional to provide you with heating service in Fort Worth, you can have a myriad of problems. Here are the most common problems you’ll suffer if you don’t call a technician:
- Health issues
When a filter isn’t cleaned regularly, it becomes clogged with dust and is a ground for bacteria and germs. These then spew out every time you turn on the unit. This can easily lead to health issues like fevers and colds, increased allergic reactions, and even breathing problems.
- Electricity issues
If electrical connections inside the unit aren’t checked regularly, they can easily become broken. It can lead to short circuits, unit breakdowns or can shock you when you touch the unit. In the long run, the unit will have reduced efficiency, which will reflect in your electricity bill.
- Further HVAC issues
Skimping on maintenance or avoiding it completely is problematic because of one main reason: you’ll have to do it at some point. The longer you postpone calling a technician, the more problems you’ll end up with. This means higher costs that can eventually lead to your HVAC unit having a shorter lifespan.
For residents of Fort Worth, we at NSG Heating and Air Specialists, LLC, are at your service. We’re a professional HVAC service that is completely customer-centric. We provide excellent heating service in Fort Worth that is affordable and budget-friendly.