Have you just bought a new furnace for your home? That’s awesome! You’ll want to get familiar with all of its features and understand how to operate and maintain it. Here are some tips for new homeowners on heating and cooling Fort Worth.
Understand How Your Furnace Works
Your furnace has two main parts—the burners and the heat exchanger. The burners are responsible for igniting the gas and providing the heat, while the heat exchanger actually transfers that heat to your home’s air. It’s important to understand how these two parts work together, as well as how to troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
The burners are responsible for igniting the gas and providing the heat, while the heat exchanger actually transfers that heat to your home’s air. In order for your furnace to work properly, both of these parts need to be functioning correctly. We provide the best HVAC installation Fort Worth.
If you notice any problems with your furnace, it’s important to troubleshoot them as soon as possible. Some common problems include:
- The furnace doesn’t turn on
- There’s no heat coming from the furnace
- The furnace is making strange noises
- The furnace is cycling on and off more frequently than normal
Any of these problems can be caused by either the burners or the heat exchanger, so it’s important to troubleshoot each one individually. Reach out to your local HVAC Companies in Fort Worth for help with your furnace.
Maintenance Is Key
One of the most important things you can do as a new homeowner is to maintain your furnace. This means scheduling regular professional maintenance check-ups, as well as keeping an eye on it yourself and knowing when something doesn’t look or sound right.
Additionally, you can do a few simple DIY maintenance tasks in between professional inspections, including:
- Checking the air filter monthly and changing it when it’s dirty
- Inspecting the furnace for any visible damage or leaks
- Cleaning the furnace (if possible—consult your owner’s manual first)
- Ensuring that there is nothing blocking the vents or exhaust pipe
When you join NSG’s Residential Service Club, we come to your home bi-annually and you receive a 15% discount on all repairs. We offer gold and silver maintenance plans so contact us today to learn more about which is best for your needs. We offer the best furnace replacement Fort Worth.
Be Aware of Troubling Signs
In addition to regular maintenance, it’s important to be aware of any signs that something is wrong with your furnace. These can include:
- Increased energy bills: If your furnace is working harder than usual, it will use more energy and this will show up on your energy bill.
- Decreased heat production: If you notice that your furnace isn’t producing as much heat as it used to, this could be a sign that it’s not operating as efficiently as it should be.
- Increased noise: If your furnace starts making strange noises, this could be a sign of something wrong with the fan or motor.
- Strange noises: If your furnace is making strange noises, it could be an indication that something is wrong with the blower motor or another component.
- Yellow pilot light: A yellow pilot light is a sign of incomplete combustion and could be an indication of a carbon monoxide leak.
- If you smell gas: If you smell gas, it could indicate a gas leak. If you have any concerns about a gas leak, evacuate the premises immediately and call your gas company.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to call a professional for help. Trying to fix the problem yourself could make it worse, and in the case of a gas leak, it could be dangerous.